Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Keeping Busy

I find myself having a much easier time with everything 'cancer' when I'm busy. It a classic coping mechanism - swamp yourself with work, etc. so there is no time to think about what is wrong. So far, it's working for me.

Since being diagnosed, I have been going through cycles. I have a period of extreme joy, following that I am just neutral, and then I'll have down time and the hardships will hit.

Its when I sit around and think about my entire journey that I seem to get depressed. Why do I do this to myself? Luckily though, each down cycle is less severe each time. I take everything in stride and work through it.



Life is peculiar the way it works. I'm finding this out more and more each day.

Hopefully the next post will have more substance. There just isn't much cancer related on my mind tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment